Dear Grandma and Grandpa, You said that your mother wasn't a caregiver. How would she work with her children when they were sick? Do you have any memories of being sick and having your mother do or say something?
From Lisa Sabey
Lisa called me and said that she was sure my mom did much care-giving with such a big family. I remembered that she certainly did. She gave loving and diligent care to sick children at various times and she was present for the Blairs for each of our eight children. I particularly remembered that when my Dad was ill for a prolonged time, Mother was his constant care-giver. Dad's problem which finally was diagnosed as an internal wound from a jab from a car which had infected and blocked the pancreas, thus causing pancrititus. Once the infection was removed he healed rapidly as you know lived a long, productive life.
I'm glad to be reminded about this. I was a senior in high school and was in charge of those at home. Mother and Dad moved over to Uncle George and Aunt Clara Brunt's home for Dads recuperation after he was released from the hospital. I gave up a lot of school activities to take care of my home responsibilities. I remember how carefully Mom cared for Dad, even following a special diet religiously. They both were amazing sports.
I also remember when I was a young mother with two little red-heads and became ill with the flu. Mother came to Provo and took care of me and the little ones. She was always willing to serve.
love to all. Mom
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment